10 Reasons for Grooming Your Dog on a Regular Schedule
You love your dog; but should you believe that groomer that recommends having your pet bathed and groomed every 4 to 6 weeks? After all, isn’t it just a matter of them getting to your pocket book? Actually, there’s far more to it than money. In fact, did you know a lack of grooming can negatively affect the state of your dog’s health? Here’s how:
1) Dogs cool off by panting and by air circulating around and through their pads. Long hair impairs that ability.
2) Crust in corner of the eyes causes sores can lead to your pet’s discomfort. These sores can only be seen after removing the thick crust upon grooming.
3) Long and overgrown nails force your dog to walk on the sides of their pads. In the long run, this contributes to arthritis in the legs and hips.
4) Matted hair pulls and causes pain for your pet, and creates a breeding environment for fleas, ticks and their nests.
5) Anal glands are the most neglected part of your dog’s body. As they fill up, some can burst causing very expensive surgery and unnecessary pain. A thorough groom includes expressing these glands.
6) Your dog’s ears have hair deep within the inner canals that need to be removed every 4 to 6 weeks; otherwise you risk inflammations and potential ear infections.
7) Hair in anal areas as well as the ears serves as hosting areas for nests, resulting in fleas dwelling in the inner canals of the ears and into the anal canal.
8) Clearing your dog’s private areas of hair is just plain good hygiene. This guarantees your dog’s excretions and stool will not stick and be carried indoors.
9) Some breeds have under-coats that build from shedding within. The outer and inner coat become thickly packed and form thick mats that are extremely difficult to remove, and may result in a much shorter cut than desired.
10) Bathing your dog without first brushing creates small, tight knots referred to as pin knots. These types of knots make your pet’s grooming experience a painful and unpleasant one. Removing these knots may also result in a much shorter cut than you may have desired.
If you read this far you earned 20% off grooming show this at check out good before 02/02/2022
PawsVIP is a dog and cat daycare, boarding, grooming and training facility with a location in the SeaTac, WA area. We have dogs and cats that come from Seattle, Renton, Tukwila, Burien, Lynnwood, Everette, even as far as Bellingham to stay in our pet hotel / kennel regularly. Bring your best friend to check us out and even they will agree that Paws VIP is Just Like Home.